Thursday, April 7, 2011

Creative Writing

+
It was fun to be able to just take a break in the day to write. In the morning, I have a little more energy but I find it harder to focus on classes with a lot of precision like physics or math so early. Taking two writing classes this quarter made me enjoy writing a lot more and made me realize I'm better at it than I thought I was. It was interesting to learn about technology tools for writing. My favorite part of the class was doing lyrics everyday. This class overall made writing about anything at all seem more accessible. I had always been a little afraid of writing because I thought there was always going to be someone better at it than me, but now I see that it doesn't really matter. Anyone can do it, and anyone can get better at it.

-
I probably would have enjoyed this class a little more if it wasn't on the computer. Personally, I like just having  pen and paper and then typing when necessary. I know this is different for many people, though. I liked the times when we learned about technology tools, but I thought they kind of took over the class. We would spend a lot of time learning about tools that I probably wouldn't use. I like the idea of having a blog, but I would just prefer writing on my own, privately. Another thing about this class was that I didn't feel like I got a lot of feedback about my writing. It was a really good pair with Advanced Composition because I got a lot of feedback, and then could use it in this class, but it would have been nice to have two sources of that. Just taking a little more time for general things like a review of how to use dialogue in stories would have helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment