Monday, February 28, 2011

The house was made of...

The house was made of a light brown brick and vertical wood panels from the ground on up. My grandparents had been living there as long as I had known. My grandpa used to pull me in a wobbly wagon out of the garage and down the driveway. He'd pull me around the block. He was the twinkle in my eye with how much fun I was having. I lived for moments like these. He seemed to enjoy himself no matter how much he had to squint from the sun going in his eyes. We rolled past his gabby neighbors, and they asked what we were up to. He explained that his family was visiting and this is what we did every time we were there. Then we'd end up back at their house and back into the garage for more afternoon fun. We'd do anything from bake, play animal games on the computer, wrestle with the puppy, or just sitting on their L-shaped couch reading a book. Everything was so much more fun when I was little.

No comments:

Post a Comment